I feel so happy to be on the trip! And more and more often I’m wondering why not all the parents are packing baby to their car and leaving to discover the world together?
While sitting in Moldova, at Dniester river, those questions came to me again. I started to think and actually there is really a lot of reasons which can stop people from doing the same. Maybe we are really so lucky? Or maybe not only happy goes lucky but also lucky goes happy?
Let’s think together: why not all the people in the world decide to take a baby for such a trip?
- because it’s not fun for them to travel (not easy for me to understand, but possible!)
- because two of them want to travel to different places (she wants to visit Paris, he wants to check out the desert…)
- because two of them want to travel in different way (she wants to fly, he wants to take the boat…)
- because two of them want to travel in different time (in winter, in summer…)
- because they think you can’t do it with a baby (=it’s too difficult)
- because they think you shouldn’t do it with a baby (=it’s not good for a baby)
(check more below)
- because they think you shouldn’t do it with a car (or with such a car…)
- because they don’t have a car (too expensive, no way to get it…)
- they (or one of them) cannot leave his/her job for half a year
- they cannot leave their flat/house for half a year
- they cannot leave their life for half a year (credits, parents, therapy…)
- their health condition is not good
- the baby’s health condition is not good
- they don’t have friends in those countries
- they (or one of them) care much about “things” (for example clothes – can be not easy while living in the car…)
- they (or one of them) care much about food (sometimes cooking outside, especially with mosquitoes, is not easy…)
- they are not used to (or maybe don’t want) to spend ALL the tile together (some believe that they wouldn’t be able to stand each other…)
- they don’t have enough money for some “investment” expenses (health insurance, car repairs, visas…)
- they need (and cannot get) visas to all those countries
- their families don’t accept the idea (and it’s important for them)
- somebody has somebody who she/he would miss too much (hmm… lover?..)
- they don’t know languages of those countries
- they think those countries are dangerous
- the baby is really not made for such a trip (can it really be? that you have all attitude needed but your baby is afraid of new people, stressed in new places…? i don’t know…)
Does anybody has more good ideas for reasons?
Our first book is out!
We have published our first book (for now just in Polish:) about our Central America Trip.
See, read and order here »